Magic and Mystery of Ancient Egypt
March 14, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm| $25.00
Mystic World hosts Magic and Mystery of Ancient Egypt
Join Us for a fun interactive educational event. You will participate in a dynamic exchange including genuine papyrus paintings that bring back to life the stories of Ancient Egypt and her History of Magic.
June A. Bauer
Part 1 Introduction to Ancient Egypt
- An introduction to the Gods and Goddesses including their complex interpersonal relationships
- Creation, birth, death and rebirth
- 42 Ideals Maa’t
- The Pharaoh’s participation in Egyptian Religious Life and starting in the Middle Kingdom of Egypt(2040-1782 BCE) the women’s role as God’s Wife of Amun. The most famous of the God’s Wives was the female pharaoh Hatshepsut.
- Judgement scene explained
- The use of the Ankh during the opening of the mouth ritual
Part 11 Heka (Magic)
- What is Heka?
- Heka for the people, sympathetic magic, protection amulets, aromatherapy and herbs
- Heka for the initiate seeking to enhance his/her spiritual growth and development transcendentally and communicating with deities.
- Purifying the vessel
- Planetary Magical correspondences
- God and Goddesses participation
Part 111 Can we contact the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses Today?
- Alester Crowly – A modern day account of Horus communicating to Alister Crowley thru a spirit in 1904 during his honeymoon in Cairo, Egypt Crowley claimed to have been contacted by a supernatural entity named Aiwass, who provided him with The Book of the Law, a sacred text that served as the basis for Thelema. Announcing the start of the Æon of Horus, The Book declared that its followers should “Do what thou wilt” and seek to align themselves with their True Will through the practice of magick.